D.I.Y. Toothpaste Recipe (bicarb, seasalt, vinegar)2013-08-17
- Yield : 1/2 cup
- Prep Time : 3m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
This is a more advanced toothpaste than my easy “coconut oil” toothpaste recipe.
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Room-Temperature (filtered) water
- Optional: 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Optional: 1 capful 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (except if you have metal fillings, as they react)
- Optional: 1 capful food-grade White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Optional: 1-2 drops of Essential Oil (i.e. Peppermint, Spearmint, Clove)
Stir until dissolved.
Brush teeth with a soft toothbrush with the liquid.
Floss your teeth with Floss, String, or Fishing Line.
Then, use the rest of the water mixture to swish/strain through gaps of teeth, gargle, then spit out.
Why these ingredients:
Baking Soda: Soda neutralizes any acid in the mouth (major cause of tooth decay/cavities/tartar), kills germs (removes odour, sweetens breath) eliminates mild surface stains, removes plaque deposits,
Sea Salt: will help draw fluids from the tissues whilst stimulating saliva production
Food-Grade (3%) Hydrogen Peroxide: Whitens Teeth, Removes Stains, Reacts with Baking Soda to form bubbling suds
Peppermint Essential Oil: Mouth inflammation, Sinus/Respiratory Infections, Tastes like Toothpaste
(or Spearmint Essential Oil: Tastes like toothpaste)
Tea Tree Essential Oil: Anti-bacterial