DIY Granola Bars2013-09-03
- Yield : 12 Granola Bars
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
- Shredded Coconut
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Raisins &/or Dates
- Sunflower Seeds
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Himilayan Salt 1/4 tsp
- Optional: Walnuts, Cashews, etc
(Use as much or as little as you like for nuts, fruit, and seeds. )
Add nuts & seeds to a bowl, cover with filtered water, soak overnight (If I'm in a hurry, I don't soak).
Add raisins (& other dried fruits if desired) to a separate bowl, cover with filtered water, soak overnight.
Drain & Rinse the nuts & seeds and discard the water.
Drain the Raisins & Purée.
Add nuts & seeds to raisin mixture and pulse in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
Add cinnamon, and salt, and pulse briefly to mix.
(I then hand-stir in some extra batches of "crunch" in.. like coconut flakes, oatmeal, more nuts & seeds, more dates, and some frozen blueberries)
Press firmly into a baking tray (lined with baking paper)
Bake for 45 minutes at 120°C
Remove from oven and leave to cool or refrigerate while still in tray.
Slice into bars while still in tray. Remove from tray and eat :)
You can add/substitute your own ingredients, just like they do in the supermarket.
Other things you could try:
- Dried apricot pieces
- Honey, Maple Syrup, Brown Rice Syrup
- Golden Syrup, or Agave Nectar
- Dates, Sultanas, Currents, Cherries
- Brazil Nuts, Walnuts, Pecans, Pistachio nuts
- Left-over Juicing ingredients
- Chia Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Ground Flaxseed
- Coconut Oil, Shredded coconut
- Frozen Blueberries, Cranberries, Goji berries