Curing Emphysema Naturally
Every time I find any information on how to help/cure emphysema/COPD, I will update this post with the notes and references, and when my research is finished, will try to organize it in an easy-to-understand way.
So far Ive scoured *click here to view*
the first page of Google tonight and read/took notes for 4 hours, sources: - (April 2nd, 2013)
one book, source:  (April 4th, 2013)
another 2 books, source:   (April 17th, 2013)
earth review blog  (April 18th, 2013)
juicing for lung health  (May 10th, 2013)
herb info site  (May 10th, 2013)
art of breathing  (May 15th, 2013)
hydrogen peroxide & COPD  (June 20th, 2013)
various sites for food nutrition  (sometime in June, 2013)
spiritual reasons  (Jun 22, 2013)
gratitude  (June 22, 2013)
With the following results
Diet, Herbs, Supplements, Mindset, Gratitude, Spiritual, Hydrogen Peroxide, Detox, Breathing, and Future Research:
- Remove all sugar from diet.    Pathogenic cells do not care if the sugar is natural or processed. 
- Eliminated carbohydrates (bread, cereal, potatoes)   
- Eliminated everything except protein (beef, pork, chicken and fish and fresh vegetables)  
- Free-range meats. Not contaminated by antibiotics/steroids.
- Coconut oil (not Olive Oil) for frying. 
- Salads. Raw & steamed vegetables  
- Eliminate dairy products, especially pasteurized. (Pasteurized = more mucus)  
- Noticeable improvement after 2 weeks  
- Niacin rich foods: olives, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, brewer’s yeast, apricots 
- Apparently niacin (nicotinic acid) and nicotine are chemically linked. 
- The niacin receptors in the brain feel deprived when you quit smoking from what they were tricked into believing was a nutrient.
- Niacin can help you get past the craving for the nicotine.
- Vitamin A & Carotenoid Rich Fruits & Vegetables (such as carrot, beet, red pepper, orange, mango, cantaloupe, peach, nectarine and tomato) 
- Ginger, Garlic, and Onions   
- Drink plenty of fluid, herbal teas and soups. 
- Avoid Dairy, Sugar, Refined Flour, Processed Foods  
- Horseradish &/or Radishes  
- Thyme, Rosemary, and Oregano  
- Apply warm heat packs to your chest 
- Use essential oils, burn or place a few drops on a tissue to inhale such as eucalyptus, tea tree, peppermint, thyme, citrus oils and/or lavender.
- Ginger is a gentle circulatory stimulant and its warming nature is perfect for alleviating respiratory congestion and reducing inflammation. 
- Garlic & onions have mild anti-inflammatory actions and are shown to be anti-microbial. They can help fight infection, reduce congestion, inflammation and allergies. 
- Horseradish/Radishes are helpful for respiratory congestion 
- Thyme, Rosemary, & Oregano are natural anti-microbial herbs 
- Heat packs alleviate pain, inflammation and congestion 
- A diet high in plant foods such as the cruciferous family, apples, grapefruit, berries, pomegranate, garlic, onions offer significant protection against the development of lung cancer.
- Arugula (rocket); prevent lung & esophageal cancer 
- Broccoli; prevent lung & esophageal cancer, reduce risk of breast & cervical cancer, neutralizes carcinogens, cancer-fighting 
- Broccoli Rabe (turnip green); prevent cellular degeneration 
- Brussels Sprouts; inhibit cell proliferation, detoxify toxins, suppress cancer cells 
- Cabbage; protection from breast cancer 
- Carrots; cut lung cancer in half 
- Cauliflower; anti-cancer, disarm carcinogenic 
- Added all except Broccoli Rabe to my diet. No results yet but then how do I tell anyway? suspect it’s just a good low-risk thing to do for my general health
- Ground cayenne pepper (or Cayenne tincture) 3 times a day (1/2 teaspoon in warm water) 
- Strength & energy improvement after 3 days 
- Marked improvement in breathing 
- Breathlessness goes very fast. Try and get half a teaspoon down a day and then when feeling better drop it to about a third. 
- 2 cloves of raw garlic a day 
- Cough up the nasty stuff in lungs 
- The Garlic floats the dead tissue out of the lungs, but be prepared to cough up some nasty looking mucous in the first week. The garlic can be crushed and left for ten minutes, before ingesting. 
- Eating fresh cilantro (Coriander)
- Coughed up thick phlegm / cleared lung congestion within 10 minutes of eating 
- Olive Leaf Extract Nasal Spray, two squirts inhaled into each nostril 
- Headache (caused by sinusitis fungal infection) of emphysema sufferer relieved after 10 minutes 
Jack’s Healing Formula 
- Put the seed pods (tops) of 6 “great mullein” plant into a gallon of water, bring to a boil, add 3 tbls of powered “lobelia”, 3 tbls “hyssop”, 1 oz of white apple cider vinegar, 2 tbls of powdered cayenne red pepper.
- Keep boiling until about a pint of water has boiled off, (it will turn dark or reddish like coffee).
- Let cool until you can strain (i used a nylon stocking).
- Sweeten with sugar or honey to taste this will keep in fridge for a week or more
- Take 3 bottle caps a day or more
- You can also use a heating pad on chest and do a number of “vigorous exhales” for about 15 minutes after taking
- Do not throw away the roughage that you strain off the tea – it can be re-boiled 2-3 times more (to last 3-4 months)
- Can’t find his original post yet, but it seems he “cured” someone of emphysema 12 years ago with above recipe 
- For getting up mucus and cleaning the lungs – formula cannot be beat. Can walk without getting out-of-breath, and jog. Can still feel shortness-of-breath on days with high humidity. 
- 3 or 4 months later he put his oxygen bottle aside. 
- Opens the lungs right up. Completely cleared up in one day. 
- Either take 40 drops of tincture in a glass of water 2x/day
- or simmer a handful of leaves in a quart of water for 15 minutes, allow to cool with leaves in the water, then STRAIN THROUGH CHEESECLOTH (else the little fuzzy stuff irritate your cough center), and drink the entire thing once a day.
- Pick leaves in the fall, just before frost. Look for plants in areas away from main roads. Do not use the flowers. Dry on a towel; store in a dark cupboard.
- Leaves are more potent than the tincture.
- Do not pick leaves from mullein with deformed stalks. Deformed stalks indicates the mullein has been exposed to contaminants.
- Only harvest from the straight stalks, crooked stalks indicate a high level of chemical contamination of the soil. 
- Used mullein extensively and successfully for upper respiratory conditions such as colds and asthma, ear infections, and joint pain (it has anti-inflammatory properties as well as antibiotic and antihistamine properties) 
- Chew on a licorice stick (from the root of a licorice plant) to curb nicotine cravings & calm the nerves. 
- A general medicinal dose is 1-2 cups of licorice tea a day. 1/2 to 1 teasp. of licorice root or powder is infused to 1 cup of boiling water. Tincture: 1/2 to 1 teasp. twice a day. For therapeutic use, it is recommended that licorice be taken before meals. 
- Licorice can help to calm the nerves. Several years ago, I had a man call and asked if I had anything that would help him give up smoking, as he had quit smoking that morning and was having severe withdrawal symptoms. As we had just dug some licorice and had it drying, I offered him a stick that we had cut into 8cm lengths (similar length and size as a cigarette) and suggested he hold it in his mouth like a cigarette and suck the end. Within a couple of minutes of giving him the stick to smoke, his nerves had calmed down, and he said he no longer had the desire for a cigarette. For the next 10 minutes, he kept sucking on the stick, and looking at it, wondering why it did not have smoke coming from it! He was able to kick the habit of smoking. I have shared this incident with other people, who have done likewise and given up smoking. A licorice stick can be used over and over, many times, whenever the quitter has the urge to light a cigarette. 
- Research shows its usefulness as an expectorant and a cough suppressant, with action resembling codeine. 
- Licorice has been given many remedial applications: coughs, colds, wheezing, lung complaints, hoarseness, mucus congestion, tonsillitis, abdominal pain, nausea, poor appetite, fatigue, food poisoning, fevers, fluid retention, edema, burning urine and kidney, bladder ailments, gall stones, allergies, cancers and melanomas, conjunctivitis, earache, toothache, age spots, senility, hyperglycemia, menstrual discomforts, vaginal thrush, endometriosis, infertility, candida, ankylosing spondylitis, muscular dystrophy, skin allergies, hemorrhoids, mouth ulcers, nervous tension, insomnia and anxiety, depression, hysteria, indigestion and gastritis, diabetes, drug withdrawal, malaria, inflammations, cramps, Addison’s and Parkinson’s diseases, epilepsy, poor circulation, to lower cholesterol, headaches, earache, herpes, wounds, burns, cold sores, psoriasis, carbuncles, syphilis, abscesses, shingles, and to fight staphylococci. 
- N-acetyl-l-cysteine or NAC to break the di-sulfide bonds and liquefy the mucus to easily cough it up 
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine, or NAC 500-600 mg 
- Significant Improvement to e liminating excess mucus  
- L-Arginine in combination with Buteyko breathing method. 
- L-Arginine makes Nitric Oxide – if your body is low in this, you have low energy.
- More energy and better breathing. 
- Inhaling Apple Cider Vinegar & removing Mold in house 
- One day he was applying Desenex (for foot fungus) to his feet and his emphysema immediately got better. He then inhaled the residue of the powder when stirred up. His emphysema disappeared and hasn’t come back. Found out that his emphysema was a result of mold, a fungal infection in the lungs. Instead of inhaling Desenex, with all the chemicals attached to it, inhale Apple Cider Vinegar (also treats foot fungus). 
- Recipe for bacterial infections/flu for clearing mucus from lungs 
- Mix 3/4 cup mothers apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup honey, 2 lemons, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper, 2 cinnamon sticks, 1 gallon of water.
- Take 1 or 2 shot glass a day.
- You can add 1/4 cup ginger, 1/4 cup horseradish if you like.
- Good for the lungs. I was able to go hunting for 2 day first time in 6 years no oxygen. I also take symbicort. 
- 6 teaspoons of MSM powder in 3 litres (5 pints) of water, drank throughout the day. 
- MSM must be taken with Vitamin C
- In Australia & New Zealand, MSM has Vit C already added
- Used with Nebulised baking soda & Magnesium Chloride
- From not being able to walk to the toilet, to being able to walk everywhere with noticeable improvement after 3 days 
- Omega-3 fatty acids DHA (Docosahexanoic acid) and EPA (Eicosapentanoic acid) 
- 1000 mg capsule at each meal.
- High Quality Omega-3 Fatty Acids Triglycerides (not fish oils that are in the synthetic ethyl ester form) and not Flaxseed 
- Krill oil may become the preferred source of omega-3 fatty acids in the future. 
- Reduced inflammation. 
- Probiotics (with proteolytic enzyme supplement) away from meals 
- Probiotics are instrumental in the production of red and white blood cells and are your body’s first line of defense against invading pathogens. 
- After years of being prescribed anti-biotics, probiotics was introduced as a way of healing the compromised immune system. 
- Beta glucan 
- To amplify the immune response and help the immune system kill and eliminate the pathogen. 
- Oregano Oil 
- Natural anti-pathogenic 
- Olive Leaf Extract 
- Anti-pathogenic supplement. 
- Alfalfa Tablets – Two x 650 mg tablets with each meal 
- Alfalfa contains vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, D, E, K, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, folate, saponins, calcium, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, and copper. 
- Fighting disease, reducing inflammation and providing support for metabolism and muscle contractions. 
- Alfalfa helps in building and revitalizing the body. 
- Help alleviate various acute and chronic inflammatory symptoms associated with degeneration and aging. 
- Caprylic Acid 
- Saturated fatty acid which is present in butter, palm oil and coconut oil. 
- Excellent natural anti-pathogenic found in coconuts. 
- Natural anti-pathogenic 
- Treating bacterial infections. 
- Dissolving gallstones. 
Emphysema: “You are not doing things your way. Doing what others say is right for you because you are not devoted to yourself and doing for yourself first. Not able to be yourself.” 
Lungs: Make sure you are doing things your way. 
Lung Cancer: Self destruction. Not being devoted to yourself enough to resist others telling you how to do things. Giving in and doing things their way. 
Lung Disease: Failing to Fully Take in Life due to Feelings of Unworthiness (see also: Spirituality) 
Gratitude: Man healed himself of double pneumonia within 24 hours by dwelling upon one sentence of gratitude every hour: “Thank you God for all the blessings I have and for all the blessings I am receiving.”
LUNG DISEASE… 
Failing to Fully Take in Life due to Feelings of Unworthiness
Every moment we make a choice of how much life we take in by every breath we take. Air contains the only vital life force that we need constantly (ten minutes without air and most people die). Significantly our breath is also the only physical function that we have complete and conscious control over. That happens because by choosing the quality of our breath we are given the opportunity to choose the quality of our life. When we breathe deeply, we nourish our body profoundly. When we fail to do so, we slowly starve ourselves.
Breathing disorders, like eating disorders, are a reflection of an individual’s beliefs about their worthiness to receive the nourishment that gives life. Those who cannot breathe deeply cannot live fully. Those who cannot live fully usually come from a place of mistakenly believing they are not worthy. The truth is everyone is a child of God and it is that and that alone that makes everyone worthy of life.
- Hydrogen Peroxide (15 drops of 35% in 6 oz of apple cider and drink). 
- Hydrogen Peroxide (5-6 drops of 29% in morning). 
- Hydrogen Peroxide (spray – dosage?) 
- “A friend of mine wrote an ebook on how his father-in-law beat COPD & emphysema in six weeks with h202 (hydrogen peroxide). This was over 20 years ago and he is still alive also he continued to smoke. This is who I learned of H202 from. I put 15 drops of 35% in 6 oz of apple cider and drink. I first did the drop treatment for six weeks but only once a day. I don’t do it daily even and Wow-I don’t have to take the pills anymore. The achiness and early arthritic soreness in my body that I’ve felt for a number of years is Gone. No more muscle spasms either. Hallelujah” 
- “I am drinking 5-6 drops of 29% in the morning only. Difficult to adjust time in afternoon and night. Feel more strength, more stamina. Better Lung function. Nails blister, I am 40 but looks like 30. Face is whiter (previously dark brown/yellow). So far so good. Just the taste a little bit awful when taking in high dosage. I guess I’m going to stick with 6 drops for awhile.” – Fred 
- “just did my first spray this morning. almost instantly felt my breathing more and a little energized” – Cody 
- Hydrogen Peroxide notes from Ken 
We’re not going to use 35% hydrogen peroxide, we’re ONLY going to use 3.5% hydrogen peroxide (that’s three point five percent). You should read the articles on my site from Bill Munro. He used 3% hydrogen peroxide in a small nasal sprayer and inhaled the mist and cleared himself of lung cancer when he was in his late 70’s He’s about 89 today and still going strong without a hint of cancer. Personally, I would not use any drug in the sprayer. I would only use 3% hydrogen peroxide or a 50/50 mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide and colloidal silver or just distilled water until I gradually built up the number of inhale sessions and then gradually I would switch over to full 3% hydrogen peroxide. You can use the same nasal sprayer for spraying 3% peroxide into each nostril. I would do only one spray per nostril until I got used to it. You can also spray peroxide into each ear 3 or 4 times.Here’s a few more simple ideas to absorb some hydrogen peroxide into your body. 
- After showering , towel off lightly, and then spray a mist of 3% hydrogen peroxide all over your body (but not your hair which will turn blond) I use a pump handle sprayer (like you see on Windex) in a 16 oz bottle that they sell hydrogen peroxide in at the drugstore.
- Buy a few gallons of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide from Guardian of Eden in Texas and put 2-3 cups in a warm bath of water (about half filled) and soak for 20-30 minutes. Scoot down into the water so it covers your chest. (to make 3.5% peroxide, you take 9 parts of distilled water and add to one part of 35% food grade peroxide)
- Get a room nebulizer such as the ultrasonic types which produces an instant mist, yet uses no heat. Put either 50/50 3% peroxide and distilled water or fill it up with 3% peroxide and breathe that mist while sleeping. Start slow and easy. Place the mister in a outside hallway and keep the door open. You need to get used to this GRADUALLY. Over time, bring the vaporizer into the room where you sleep. If you cough too much, then cut down the mixture to 50/50 peroxide and distilled water. The idea is to be able to sleep comfortably but still breathe a steady, tiny TRICKLE of fine misted peroixde into your lungs. You’ll cough a lot in the beginning and bring up a lot of junk, so you need to start very gradually and build up to 3% concentration.
- If you got an ozone machine, you could make and drink ozonated water daily. Also take a teaspoon of ozonated olive oil daily, and breathe the mist from ozone that is first bubbled through olive oil.
- I would get Hulda Clark’s books and also the book on hydrogen peroxide by Dr William Douglass. If you can find someone in your area who administers hydrogen peroxide intravenously, you will speed up your recovery process.
- Taking MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane) might be a good idea as it has a reputation for re-building cells walls back to their original elasticity. You can get that at a health food store.
- No response from the initial asker, but based on this, I’ve started adding hydrogen peroxide 3% to my own essential oil diffuser
Brett Wilsey, 70, was congested most of the time, had chronic sinus problems, was getting allergy shots for dust and mold, and was on several inhalers for this asthma plus emphysema. He had asthma for 8 years.
He had oxalate, urate, and all three phosphate variety crystals in his kidneys. He was started on kidney herbs. His blood test showed high “total carbon dioxide” or “carbonate” showing that his air exchange was not good. His potassium was low, showing that his adrenals couldn’t keep his electrolytes (sodium, potassium and chloride) regulated, in turn, giving him muscle weakness.
His LDH was very high, showing that his heart muscle) was in distress, too. Fortunately, his RBC was slightly elevated, to help with oxygen delivery.
His eosinophil count was high, as is the rule for asthmatics since they all have Ascaris worms. Besides Ascaris, he had pancreatic and intestinal flukes in his lungs (!) plus Heterakis (a chicken roundworm), human hookworm, and Prosthogonimus, another fluke.
He was started on the parasite herbs. Two weeks later he felt a lot better although he still had some Ascaris. He was toxic with barium and hafnium (which were traced to his dentures) nickel, tin, rhenium. He stopped using commercial “denture-soak.”
His wife stopped using hair spray and they started leaving the car out of the garage and walked around to the front door, instead of using the attached garage. He also started drinking homemade comfrey tea. This made him feel still better.
When he removed his watch he got rid of his nickel source. Nickel has an affinity for lungs (as well as prostate and skin). He was now down to one puff of inhaler instead of two, only four times a day instead of hourly. He could breathe deeper than before. Then the lead in his water was found and traced to a single “sweated” joint in the pipes. He was started on food grade hydrogen peroxide, working up a drop at a time; now his cough became ‘productive’, he was coughing up a lot.
He got the plumbing fixed and did a liver cleanse after which his fatigue lifted. He couldn’t stop laughing and joking about the “emphysema” he was so worried over earlier. p. 139 
After you have found the parasite interlopers hiding in your body you can kill them electronically. And after you have identified the pollutants stuck in your organs you can stop eating them, breathing them or putting them on yourself. In response, your body will begin to heal.
Heal from multiple sclerosis, emphysema, myasthenia? Yes!! Some healing will be swift. Some healing will be slow. P46 
- Strengthening muscles. Weight Training to make your breathing muscles stronger. 
- As various breathing muscles contract, they allow your lungs to expand. In normal breathing, inhaling is work, requiring muscle strength. 
If your breathing muscles are weakened or paralyzed, how deeply you breathe and your ability to cough or blow are affected.
- Fill your Whole Lungs 
- Your whole lung can be used to process oxygen. A shallow breath fills up only part of the lungs – typically, the upper part. Deeper breaths, which inflate both lungs entirely, give your body more oxygen per breath. Deep breaths use every part of your lungs to pull oxygen out of the air. 
- Remove lung secretions / congestion. Moving the air through all parts of your lungs with deep breathing reduces the collection of natural secretions in your lungs. Also, frequently moving your body around helps break up and move around the fluid in the lungs. 
- Your lungs produce secretions. This is normal and natural. But, secretions can become a problem when they build up and pool in the lungs. This is called congestion and makes getting enough oxygen hard. If these secretions stay in one place for too long they can act as glue, causing the sides of your airways to stick together and not inflate properly. This is called atelectasis. They can also collapse part of the lung. 
- Improve posture 
- Poor posture can squeeze the lungs, making it harder to expand them and get air. 
- Percussion / Assisted Cupping: 
- Lie on your side, with the side that you think is “gunky” facing up. 
- Have a helper cup his or her hands and essentially pretend he or she is playing the bongo drums on your rib cage. The “cupping” is important. It’s what creates the effect that breaks and shakes the secretions loose. The sound should be hollow, almost like a “galloping.” If your helper’s hands are too flat, you’ll hear a slapping noise; it will hurt, and you’ll end up red and sore. 
- Loosens gunk in the lungs. 
- Postural drainage 
- Lie on your side with the gunky side up, and if possible, prop the foot of your bed or sofa up so your head is lower than your feet. If you lay this way for 15 or 20 minutes, you’ll probably feel things start to move. 
- Postural drainage uses gravity to drain those secretions from the bottoms of your lungs up higher so you can cough them up and out. 
Research in Progress:
- A vitamin found in eggs and milk (retinoic acid, a derivative of vitamin A) can reverse damage caused to the lungs by the previously incurable disease.  
- The retinoic acid compound worked on tissue cells in the lungs, causing them to regenerate. 
- The research was based on a chemical compound of retinoic acid taken from Vitamin A, and not from a dietary intake of the substance. 
- Only tested on mice, yet to be trialled on humans  
- Tests on mice have found that damaged lungs have been repaired to normal by the compound. 
-  http://reverseemphysemacopd.blogspot.com.au – Emphysema Cure – A Logical Approach blog
-  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ – Vitamina “cure” for Emphysema article
-  http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum
-  http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum
-  http://www.earthclinic.com/ – Emphysema Remedies forum
-  http://curezone.com/ – Possible Simple Cure for Emphysema forum
-  http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/ – Form of Vitamin A to cure emphysema press release
-  http://emphysematreatment.wordpress.com/ – Emphysema Cure – Eliminating the Skepticism blog
-  How I reversed my Mom’s Emphysema – WG Miller book
-  The Body is the Barometer of the Soul, So Be Your Own Doctor II – Annette Noontil book
-  The Cure for All Diseases – Hulda Regehr Clark, Ph.D book
-  http://earthreview.eu – Hydrogen Peroxide – Miracle Cure? blog
-  http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/juicing-for-lung-health/ – Juicing for Lung Health – Claire Georgiou, Reboot Naturopath, B.HSc ND
-  http://herbsarespecial.com.au/free-herb-information/licorice.html – Herb Information site by someone who owns a Herb Farm – Isabelle Shepard
-  https://www.craighospital.org/710.ArtOfBreathing.NOD.pdf – Art of Breathing – Craig Hospital
-  http://educate-yourself.org/lte/copdandhydrogenperoxide12jul09.shtml – Hydrogen Peroxide and COPD, Ken Adachi
-  Various sites looking for nutrition in food, but was on other computer, and wrote my notes in the dark on notepad, and then lost the sites that I was browsing when the computer went dead.
-  http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/karma-life-purpose-healing.html#spiritual-reasons-for-the-top-10 Spiritual Reasons for the Top 10 Causes of Death
- http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/real-life-healing-stories.html#breastcancerhealing – Man curing himself of a terrible illness with a simple one-line statement of gratitude
As I update the research, I’ll also update this widget in case you can’t find it locally, or if you want to see what the supplement, etc. looks like: